Full Time or Part Time/Hours per week: Full Time/30 – 40 hours a week
Salary: available upon request
The Grant Writer is responsible for overseeing all aspects of private grant funding for Howard Area Community Center(HACC). Reporting to the Director of Development, the Grant Writer’s primary responsibility is developing and writing grant proposals to foundations, corporations, and other grant making institutions, and persuasively communicating HACC’s mission and programs to potential funders.
Mandatory Requirements & Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA in communications, social services or a related field. 1 year experience in grant development or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the necessary level of skill, knowledge, and ability.
- Computer proficiency, particularly in MS Word, MS Excel, CRM databases, and online research.
- Knowledge of grant research and application processes.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and proactively, and use innovative techniques and ingenuity to prepare grant applications.
- Ability to coordinate grant projects with staff across the organization.
- Experience in the social services sector is preferred.
How to apply:
Send cover letter, resume and two writing samples (grant proposals preferred) to BBrown@howardarea.org .