Program/Department: Development Department
Full Time or Part Time/Hours per week: Full Time
Salary: available upon request
Last Date to Apply: May 11, 2018
The fundamental objective of this position is to tell the stories that illustrative the programs, services and projects that reflect the dynamic relationships that community members have with the Howard Area Community Center (HACC). Working proactively with passionate staff members and committed participants, these emotionally compelling stories are geared toward informing and engaging donors, volunteers, fellow staff members, and the general public with HACC through internal and external newsletters, website updates, blog posts, social media, press releases, and the annual report. You will work closely with the Director of Development to provide copy and graphic designs for fundraising initiatives, special event marketing, and donor communications. In addition, you will serve as the primary liaison to HACC’s Board of Directors.
Mandatory Requirements & Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelors of Arts in journalism, communications or marketing required.
- Minimum of three years of writing, editing, and proofreading experience with a corporate or nonprofit organization.
- Minimum of three years of graphic design experience.
- Preferably experience with Bloomerang software, WordPress, and Constant Contact
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite required
- Minimum of three years of website design required.
- Knowledge of Google products (e.g., Google Docs and Google Sheets) required.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) essential.
- Strong clerical skills,such as note-taking, essential.
How to apply:
Please send the following documents to Patrick Price, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
a cover letter that briefly summarizes your skills for this position and desire to work for the Howard Area Community Center, a current copy of your resume, and three samples of previous work: two samples of your writing, one sample of graphic or website design.