Program/Department: Early Childhood
Full Time or Part Time/Hours per week: Full-time
Salary: Available upon request
Last Date to Apply: Filled as soon as possible, posted October 2016
Bilingual Family Support Worker (Spanish/English) to plan, implement and supervise a comprehensive family support program that reaches all families of the Center; provide direct case management services to own caseload of children and families.
Mandatory Requirements & Qualifications:
BA in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Early Childhood Education is required. Candidate must have completed 18 semester hours or 27 quarter hours of course work in Infant Development, Child Development, and working with families. Candidate must have two years previous experience as a case manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise Family Support staff for the Family Center.
- Develop and sustain meaningful, productive relationships with families
- Refer and link children and parents to needed services
- Work in partnership with other FC Campus staff to monitor, track and coordinate services for children and parents
- Assist parents with understanding and implementing the Family Partnership Agreement in order to encourage and promote their overall development including achievement of self-sufficiency as well as positive developmental outcomes for their children.
- Collaborate with Education Staff to facilitate children’s transitions
- Collaborate with Mental Health Coordinator to ensure social emotional needs of infants, children and families are addressed
- Collaborate with Community Partnership Coordinator in conducting community outreached efforts to identify and develop relationship with community –based organizations that provide other needed services to families.
- Collaborate with Health Coordinator to ensure health and nutrition needs of infants, children and families are addressed
- Communicate with education staff regarding all children’s progress in the classroom
- Implement protocols to follow up on child absenteeism
- Encourage parent participation in parent meetings, trainings/education and Policy Council
- Plan, conduct and promote parent meetings as part of Family Support Team
- Conduct periodic home visits with classroom teachers to assess family resources and need
- Develop and maintains thorough understanding of the program policies, procedures, curriculum guidelines, and communicate these to parents
- Maintain records and document services in COPA in a timely manner for case load of approximately 35 families
- Attend appropriate CYS meetings on a regular basis
- Participate in the evaluation of Head Start and Early Head Start services, and ensure compliance with Head Start Performance Standards
- Attend Family Support team meetings, Family Center staff meetings, professional development training and all agency meetings
- Develops understanding and knowledge of licensing standards, eligibility requirements and record keeping procedures, including federal, state, city and center procedures and regulations.
- Familiarizes self with funding sources’ regulations, including CYS and head Start Performance Standards to ensure compliance for program components
- Complete Monthly tracking each month in a timely manner on tracking form
- Participate in staffing of all families on caseload
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
How to apply:
Please submit cover letter, resume and proof of education or transcripts to email@example.com. Applications without all three pieces of requested documentation will not be considered.